20 March 2012

raspberries and blueberry sorbet







I know what are you thinking "other Ice cream" and yes, sorry, but if you think in the North Hemisphere begin now the Spring is time to think in Ice cream:) And when you think in a Ice cream recipe you know here can find (lol)

This is a sorbet recipe and you know is different from typical Ice cream is basically water and fruits, dont have cream so the texture is different than others.


Ingredients

1 cup of raspberries (freeze)
1 cup of blueberries (freeze)
150 ml of water
150 grs. of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 cup of plain yogurt (optative)

I find  some little yogurt make the texture  more nice and easy to make the scoops but is fine if you want only with water.

Method

In a a medium pan heat the sugar with water until is bubble.Let chill. Add the blueberries and raspberries and lemon juice, stir well, and process in a blender or  other until have a cream. (add the yogurt if you want) .If you have Ice maker following the intructions .

To the other way : Cover with plastic wrap and freeze by 45 minutes or until icy edge of pan.
Whisk to to distribute frozen portions evenly.
Cover and freeze  again until icy edge of pan and overal texture is slushy about 45 minutes.whisk again.
Cover and freeze by two hours .
Before serve retire by about 15 minutes .

To serve, scoop  into tall goblets or parfait glasses. If the granita is too solid you can allow it to sit in the refrigerator

Note :to this gelatto I add 1 cup of plain yougurt.







Im sharing with
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage


En español

Sorbete de berries






Me imagino que dicen: otro helado, claro que sí pero piensen que en el hemisferio norte empieza la primavera asi que aprovecho de dejarles otra receta.
Este es un sorbete de berries, como ya saben el sorbete su base  principal es agua y frutas y algo de limón.
En este caso le agregué una taza de yogurt sin sabor y quedó super bien porque la textura es mejor ya que no lleva ni crema ni leche.


Ingredientes
1 taza de frambuesas(frescos o congelados)
1 taza de arándanos (frescos o congelados)
150 ml de azúcar
150 ml de agua
1 cucharadita jugo de limón
1 taza de yogurt normal s/sabor (optativo)

Preparación

En una olla mediana calentar el agua con el azúcar hasta que hierva por un rato, o sea un almíbar suave.

Dejar enfriar.
Agregar los berries y el jugo de limón. Procesar la mezcla puede ser en una licuadora u otra.
Agregar a la mezcla el yogurt, mezclar bien.
Si se tiene Máquina de helados seguir las intrucciones propias del
fabricante cada una trae sus propias instrucciones.
Si no colocar en una fuente metálica extendida llevar al congelador.
Despues de una hora retirar y batir en forma pareja volver a congelar unos 45 minutos más, batir de nuevo y despues congelar por unas dos horas. Retirar un rato antes de servir para que no esté muy congelado.

88 comments:

  1. sorry for the mess but if you find that your website is wet, i had a slight drooling problem....yum, yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can drooling Brian you are always welcome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!! that looks and sounds scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encantan los sorbetes!!! increíble la receta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...se me hizo agua la boca de verlo..que rico...sigues tentandome con berries ;)

    BEsitos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya poh Emma si esto es lo más light que hay, es casi agua y frutas (le puse un poco de yogurt sin sabor) te mando besos, Feliz Otoño se supone que empieza ahora, besos

      Delete
  6. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...super delizioso!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY! I can eat sorbet anytime of the year & yours looks so inviting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delicious sorbet and looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! The color is gorgeous! And without the cream, really is a nice diet dessert! I love the ice cream cone! Lovely!

    I looked through all of your icecream recipes yesterday! I'm getting ready to try them now that warm weather is here. I have whipping cream on my grocery list, too!,...lots of it! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betsy but you can add plain yogourt and the texture is more soft! and the kids love the ice cream in cones (lol) and me too!

      Delete
  10. I'll remember your delicious recipes when summer comes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear hope you enjoy your spring/summer!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. yes Pat (lol) i think the same:) look very berry ha!

      Delete
  12. Gloria, leyendo tu receta, entonces me doy cuenta que mi ¨helado¨ de ananá es un sorbet, porque lleva el agua, el azúcar... en vez de yogur, viste que le puse crema. Conclusión, cambiaré el título y me sentiré mejor, estaba afligida por la textura, aunque mi hija me dijo ayer, mamá esto parece sorbette! Besos,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu helado se ve delicioso myriam me encanta el mango. Tengo que hacerlo,tambien pondre tu link. besos

      Delete
  13. Gloria, dejé el link de esta receta en mi post, tu sorbet se ve espléndido.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd have some of this right now... it's hot here. Not to mention sorbets are healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love sorbet and this looks wonderful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy yummy...just in time for spring day ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Gloria, A delicious, refreshing and healthy dessert. Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love ice cream and cant wait to try yours. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing, Gloria! One that I would love to try this summer...so yummy! Hope you're having a good week so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks so yummy! Where's mine??
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm. It looks refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it looks awesome and im a raspberries fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I am LOVING the big mix of ingredients in this! looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. che buonoooo peccato sono a dieta perche' un pensierino lo avrei fatto

    ReplyDelete
  25. Un manjar! It looks wonderful and I am so sure it is as delicious. A great way to combine both berries. When I get to make this sorbet, I'll be thinking of you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice flavors... Refrshing sorbet

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow...dear lovely sorbet,.....u have lot berry recipe collection here ....lovely

    ReplyDelete
  28. I tuoi gelati sono magnifici, uno meglio dell'altro. Questo ai frutti rossi è fantastico. bacioni, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome Gloria...my husband loves this, so I want to try and make it but I do not have an ice cream maker...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Que delicia Gloria!! estoy deseando hacerlo. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't wait for warm weather so I can effortlessly eat these special treats!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fresco y seguro delicioso.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a pretty color, Gloria! You always make it sound so easy and yet, the easiest thing for me to do is just to gobble it down. Hooray Spring!!!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise what nice always are you and sweet:)
      Happy spring to you (lol)

      Delete
  34. I love sorbet and yes spring is finally here also in Greece! I love how everybody is in an ice cream mood lately. This one is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katerina happy spring to you I would love know Greece amazing!

      Delete
  35. Love all your ice cream recipes and these sorbets are fantastic.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tiene que estar delicioso, que color más precioso. Un abrazo, Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh. So that's what the difference is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear sorbet o granita dont have milk or cream! (lol) you are teasing me!

      Delete
    2. Well, I've never made either of them, so how would I know that? I learned something today.

      Delete
    3. Of course always we can learn, also I always learned a lot with you (lol)

      Delete
  38. ¡Ay Gloria, que cosas tan ricas haces siempre con las frutas!
    Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This looks so lovely! I love sorbet and never thought of putting yogurt in to help with the texture - I will try this = thanks for a delicious and beautiful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, oh, that looks fabulous. Just the thing for a hot summer's day. Just wondering, do the blueberries hold up against the raspberries?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yum, I love this!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  42. yes gloria, i do think you always enjoy eating ice cream and sorbets. me too! not so much of a sorbet becos not too much sorbets around here unless i make them myself! your sorbet looks lovely and sweet colours!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Gloria,

    I'm with you because we belong the same zone of eating ice cream at this time of the year. Everything that we cook and the local produce that we used is always the opposite of others. *sign*

    This sorbet is very lovely with lots of fruity taste...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the difference that just a bit of yogurt or cream can add to a basic gelato. I bet my kids would love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is true Mary, only a little make difference:)

      Delete
  45. Ciao Gloria è bellissimo questo tuo sorbetto
    baci :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. che golosità deliziosa! davvero complimenti! un bacio :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yummy Gloria I always like how you use berries in your desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What beautiful photos, Gloria. The sorbet sounds wonderful and it looks delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mary, you are nice like always:)

      Delete
  49. Beautiful ! Yes, I am so happy tat Spring is here :-) And an't stop thinking baout all the ice cream I am gonna eat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Delightful! That combination is just perfect.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love raspberry sorbet - one of my favourites. And blueberries as well - yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Gloria,
    Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  53. this looks so utterly amazing. i've never had raspberry and blueberry sorbet. now i am in a definite mood for some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted