14 March 2012

Classic tomato soup















I love make soups (vegetables soups)  and I was seen  in my recipes and dont post so much, so I taked some pictures to this Classic tomato soup I made yesterday, I made for me, but when daugther arrived from school she eat too, the kids and me love soups :)
Over this  I grated some  parmesan cheese cause I love cheese in some soups, or croutons .
This recipe is adapted of one of Saveur.com  a nice site in the web with nice food and recipes.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon of  unsalted butter
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 carrot halved and thinly slice
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of flour
2 cups veggie stock( I use vegetable cube)
2 or three tomatos diced or canned tomatos
2 springs thyme
1 fresh bay leaf
1 garlic clove lightly crushed
2 tablespoon heavy cream
salt
Parmesan cheese grated
Method

In a sauce pan  to medium heat  and add the butter, sauté the onion and carrots for 8-10 minutes or until very soft and begining to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomato sauce and continue cooking by 2 minutes.
Stirring frequently. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetable mixture, mix well and continue cooking for another minute.
Gradually pour the stock  whisking constantly to prevents lumps from forming.

Add the diced tomatoes, thyme,bay leaf, garlic and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 25 minutes stirriging occasionally.

Remove soup from the heat Add the heavy cream and pureé with an inmersion blender until smooth .(or a blender)
Season to taste and served garnish with grated cheese.


PRINT  RECIPE HERE



Im sharing with

Our Delightful Home




EN ESPAÑOL

Crema de Tomates
















Viendo mi blog me di cuenta de que no he posteado muchas sopas y es de las cosas que más hago, será porque algunas veces uno dice, para que si cualquiera hace una sopa, pero el último tiempo he descubierto deliciosas recetas como ésta y valen la pena. En todo caso yo hago sopas siempre no me importa la época, me encanta porque si la hago en la mañana tengo para la noche o como ayer que llegó mi hija y se tomó lo que quedaba:)


Esta sopa está adaptada de una de Saveur.com un sitio en la web que tiene deliciosas recetas y  que me encanta.

Ingredientes 

1 cucharada de mantequilla sin sal
1 cebolla pequeña cortada tipo pluma a lo largo
1 zanahorita cortada en trozos
2 cucharadas de salsa de tomate
1 cucharada de harina
2 tazas de caldo puede ser de pollo o verduras
(yo usé caldo de verduras Maggi)
2 o 3 tomates maduros o su equivalente en 1 tarro
1 diente de ajo machacado
2 ramitas de tomillo
1 hoja de laurel
sal a gusto
2 cucharadas de crema espesa

Preparación

En un sartén grande poner la mantequilla y sofreir la cebolla y la zanahoria picada, por unos 8 a 10 minutos.Hasta que esten suaves y se empiezen a caramelizar, revolviendo ocasionalmente. Agregar la salsa de tomate y continuar cociendo por unos dos minutos más.
Agregar la harina revolviendo bien. Continuar cociendo y agregar el caldo de verduras ya preparado, revolver para que
no se formen grumos.
Agregar los tomates en trozos o picados, comino y hoja de laurel y el ajo , hervir un rato y luego bajar el fuego y dejar
cocinar por unos 25 minutos siempre revolviendo ocasionalmente.
Apagar el fuego.Agregar la crema y moler ya sea en la licuadora o en otro procesador.
Al servir se le puede agregar queso parmesano rallado.

73 comments:

  1. First, First, First!!! :)

    Looks so good! I've never made tomato soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear!! really you are the first I made this post right now (lol) never? is really delicious and easy, xxx

      Delete
  2. Perfect; I have not make a good tomato soup in a very long time.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tomato soup and I would love a bowl of this right now;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very classic and classy too, look at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All time favorite soup, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Gloria, cómo estas?, rato sin pasar en tu cocina

    Vaya esa sopa es una delicia y bien refrescante ahorita que hace un buen de calor


    Saludines Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias mario, cieto hace mucho que no te veía, bienvenido :)

      Delete
  7. I don't know why but I have never made tomato soup. I will make this one soon, it sounds delicious! Kids love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, they serve the two together at school and it's always a favorite. (the school soup taste too sweet to me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyndsey with grilled cheese sandwich is delicious!!!

      Delete
  8. Il a fait encore froid chez nous pour cuisiner une bonne soupe à la tomate. Elle doit être délicieuse.
    A très bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!!
    Mary xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Gloria!!! cómo estás?
    Que rica esta receta, me encanta la sopa de tomates. Creo que posteé una...
    A mi que me gustan tanto las sopas no he hecho muy seguido este último tiempo, buy I will!
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a mi me encantan en todo tiempo Moon, en serio las hago casi todo el año, besos

      Delete
  11. Everything's better with Parmesan cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alo??? Gloria? estas por ahi? te vine a ver nuevamente...espero me contestes..como estas? veo que ya empezaste recetas de invierno =)..sopitas...que rico, pero espero que cambie luego el clima, pk estos calores ya no los soporto =/...quiero frio para estar en casita con sopitas y sopaipillas....cuidate.
    BEsos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aqui estoy Emma, mejor ni hablemos del calor ya sabes me carga, Añoro sentir frio, ha, ese aire más helado peor fijate que yo preparo muchas veces sopas en cualquier tiempo pero no mr las tomo caliente.
      Esta queda super, te mando un abrazo!

      Delete
    2. ahora lei los comments...recuerdo que estas respuestas llegaban al mail...no se pk ahora no (?)..
      Uy si..yo tambien añoro ese airecito...aunque ayer recien se sintio mas frio...la mañana ahora también esta fria =) jiji..aunque quiero un ratito de calor en la tardecita para poder ir con titin a bañarnos en lo pokito que queda de verano.
      un abrazo para ti tambien =)

      Delete
  13. Interesting, I am just working on a tomato soup for a magazine now, what a coincidence! Mine is dairy and gluten free though!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hs Alessandra really coincidence,this will be gluten free too:)
      I make veggi the original recipe had bacon, and my daughter dont eat meat:)

      Delete
  14. Nothing beats a good refreshing tomato soup. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hace días que ando tentada de hacer esta sopa, súper rica.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gloria, que delicia y que ganas de probar un plato completito de tu sopa de tomate! Ñam :D

    Besos muchos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice look delicious i like to try this

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tomato soup is one of my favorites and this looks so delicious and easy to make. You make the best things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, it looks so creamy and delicious...perfect with the Parmesan topping! My family would love this, too!

    PS...I love baking bread, too...but I need to make sure I'm home long enough to see it through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear like say a friend of mine with parmesan cheese all is amazing!!!

      Delete
  21. noooooo, cualquiera no hace sopa, creeme. he probado sopas que eran dignas de arrugar la cara como mafalda.
    me gustan los ingredientes que lleva y además se ve bonita, tiene un color tremendo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estoy de acuerdo de hecho amiga ni los niños soportan esas sopas en sobres ya sabes, además traen tanta sal, la verdad es que cuando hago los niños les encanta (les sigo dicendo niños y tinene 17 !) y a los dos les ha dado por cuidarse, eso está bien.
      Esta sopa es cremosa y sabrosa son de esas que yo comería todos los dias, amo a la mafalda!!

      Delete
  22. good that you're making your own tomato soup and you are able to adjust to the taste you like, i havnt made one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena this soup is really tasty and delicious!

      Delete
  23. Dear Gloria, This soup looks delicious and so comforting. It is cold and damp here. I would love a bowl of this soup.
    Blessings my dear friend, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hola mi linda Gloria!
    yo también hago más sopas de lo que publico..será porque nos parece cualquier cosa :) y mira, me alegro mucho de que publiques esta pues me encanta!..adoro la soupe de tomate como se dice en Francia :) te robo tu receta..pero cuando haya tomates buenos :)
    Cariños amiga..deseo que todo vaya bien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bueno Juani siempre me ha gustado la sopa de tomate y mi mamá tambien la hace pero esta nos encantó, no es ácida y es deliciosa. Tú sabes los franceses toman beaucoup sopas:)

      Delete
  25. ciao Gloria la farina kamut puoi sostituirla con farina 0!!!baci!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the cheese on top - I've never thought to add cheese on top of a soup!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gloriaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! esta sopita me encantaaaa!!! que a mí todo lo que lleve tomate me pirra!!! que te ha quedau estupenda y me la llevo toaaaaaa!!!!! y no sé si más tarde vendré a por más eh! así que no te me despistes!!! :)

    Besiños Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. qurido Tito, gracias por venir a visitarme,puedes tomar toda la sopa que quieras,besosss

      Delete
  28. This looks like a very warm and healthy soup to have on a cold day! Especially if one is having a cold like me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So creamy and smooth..love the cheese on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Mrsupole thanks for stopping by, hope you feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  31. this tomato soup is nice to serve especially during cold weather..yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. you know i love tomatoes...i love salsa...i love a good tomato gravy (spaghetti sauce)...but i just cant do tomato soup...i dont know why...i just cant eat it...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Una sopa deliciosa!! en casa les encantará así que no tardaré en hacerla. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all of the fresh flavors in tomato soup. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. We have something in common other than ice-cream...it's the love of soups...especially tomato with Parmeggiano ;o)

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia I love soups wityh grated cheese are absolutely nice

      Delete
  36. NOTHING beats homemade tomato soup. One of my favorites - in fact, had a big bowl today for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted